If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Thursday, March 1, 2012

March is Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month












Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease that affects the brain and spinal cord (central nervous system).( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001747/) MS slowly robs its victims of normal functioning and the ability to lead an active life.

I actually have to take off my shoes and borrow hands to count the people that I know who have been affected by MS. When my friend who is currently dealing with MS suggested I do a fundraiser, I didn't even say yes, I just got busy working on what I could.

This is totally a do what you can with what you got undertaking. If I had a thousand dollars to donate, I would. I do have my Do You Bake? business, though. And DYB? allows me to run sales for fundraisers at a rather generous rate as far as direct sales goes. So, the Do You Bake? Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month Virtual Bake Sale was born.

I will donate 30% of all sales made under the event between now and 4/7/2012. The direct link for sale is: http://shop.doyoubake.com/default.aspx?AffiliateID=392&EventID=680

Please take a minute to check out the event, browse the selection, and support the bake sale. I will be posting information about MS to my twitter @JennyBertWolfe and my FB https://www.facebook.com/CleverJennyWolfe, so please feel free to follow the information there and share freely. Nothing would make me happier than writing out a big fat check in the honor and memory of my friends and family at the end of this event.

Truthfully, I'd like to see enough sales to donate $500 per person I know or $2500. Dream big, right?

1 comment:

  1. Jen you have no idea what this means to me you doing all this trying to raise money for MS it has effected me more then I ever thought it would but I have remained strong not only for me but for other people in my life who have MS as well, Your truly a kind soul Love you always and keep up the amazing work with your buisness!!!

    ReplyDelete