If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Monday, March 12, 2012

I do not comprehend all this whining!

This is not a parenting post. This is me trying to wrap my head around all the whining and complaining I just read on Facebook.

You "lost" an hour...BFD. You probably lose more hours every year complaining about the time changes, the the actual clock hours involved in the time changes. I went to bed late Saturday and got up early to take my husband to the airport where he flew to a different time zone on the heels of a time change. He was up late with me. I have yet to hear one iota of bellyaching out of his mouth.

If I seem grumpy, well, maybe I am. It's an hour. You know when it's going to happen. You can not get away from the notices, and with most of us steadfastly glued to our atomic cell phone clocks, there is so much less chance of actually being thrown entirely off kilter by a chain of events caused by being an hour late somewhere.

It's not just the time change whining, either, I guess. There have been a lot of things that have come into my awareness the past couple of weeks and really reinforce my notion that nothing in life is brain surgery or rocket science except for brain surgery and rocket science. Some of these things that I am seeing and experiencing have really shone a light on how ungodly self absorbed people are and how so many people are the root of their own problems.

Sigh. I'm gonna kick my soapbox back under the table and go deliver some DYB goodies before I pick up my son. And maybe dig out Wedding Crashers this afternoon, because I keep thinking of the motor boat scene on the stairs.

Hopefully all this whining will die down just in time to "fall back" and I can revisit this post when people are posting that the sky is falling and the world is ending because they "gained" an hour. Because really, time is an abstract, it is not absolute. Or perhaps the Talking Heads can explain it better...
time isn't holding us, time isn't after us

time isn't holding us, time doesn't hold you back


time isn't holding us, time isn't after us


time isn't holding us,

To steal a phrase from a minister I used to enjoy...Make that spiritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment