If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Friday, March 2, 2012

A Twist on Baked Enchilada Dip from Do You Bake?

First off, I love the Baked Enchilada Dip. I made it for the first time when we watched the Super Bowl, and it was, for me, the highlight of the game. I don't remember if I posted the pics here, but I do think they are on Facebook.

Anyway, my husband started a new job and the training period has him away from home A LOT! Being just me and the kids for dinner it hardly seems worth the effort. The oldest feeds herself as soon as she come home from school. The youngest is hit or miss, unless it's mac and cheese or whatever big sister is having. I have heard from a lot of other people the the Baked Enchilada Dip is great with the addition of chicken. I decided to try a vegetarian twist and added a bag of "California" medley to the mix.
Overall, great flavor and really filling. I served it with tortilla chips, of course. The size of the veggies was a bit annoying, so in the future I will have to chop them a bit before adding.

While I am typing this, my son is leaning on my arm and he keeps saying,"I like that food" , outta the mouths of babes! He does like it...for about a bite, then it's too spicy.

Another vegetarian idea might be to add soy chorizo and the frozen veggies to the mix. I will probably give it a try...when my hubby is back on a regular routine because I was eating this for the next couple of days. Incidentally, the leftovers were great in eggs!

What twist have you put on this mix? I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment