If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ponderings on stuff...

So, I got an email the other day with the subject line "Yay! The Old Jenny is Back!"

It made me laugh so hard I thought I might pee, but then again I'm getting older so it may have just been age related incontinence.

There has been a song stuck in my head that I can't share. It totally contradicts the words that have been coming out of my mouth.

I need to find an extra $200.00 dollars somewhere before my vacation. I had it. I totally made some bad choices, tho, and now I don't. Hmm...I guess I could add the whopping twenty bucks I'm going to get from orientation and hope that I work a couple of the shows end of May beginning of June. Wouldn't really get me that much closer, tho,, at least I don't think so. I'd have to look at the schedule.

I am supposed to go to the mall tonight with my friend, Sarah. It would be nice to actually not fret about things. I know I am going to have to feed the kid. Hopefully, it won't turn into me (as always) being the bad guy.

I haven't done any grocery shopping. I need to go by myself because the last couple of times others have been with me and I have ended up spending way too much. There is plenty of food at the house, hypothetically no one is going to die. Or suffer any nutritional deficiencies for that matter. I may go crazy from the whining, but really I'm usually pretty close to that place anyway.

There is a quote attributed to Dorothy Parker,"Take care of the luxuries, the necessities will take care of themselves." I wish I could operate that way, everyone else seems to be that way.

I am feeling exactly like I did before, like I did when I decided that I would be better off being an island.

So many people around me are so sucked into lives I can't begin to fathom, and why the hell is there soy milk in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment