If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Friday, May 26, 2006

Beauty Shop Therapy

It's been an okay day...

I got my haircut today. Definately an interesting trip, was sitting next to a 90-year old woman who honestly didn't look that old and had some great conversations with her and the other ladies in the shop. I kept going back and forth as what I wanted to do with my hair. I've just known for a couple of weeks that I needed to do something with it.

So, are you all ready for this? Ready to see what I decided on? To the right is my humble before pic. Me and my boring hair that I have had forever. I had an idea in my head and I was lucky enough to find a pic that was close to that idea in my head.

Tada! My new 'do. This picture doesn't even do it justice. Is it me or do I look happier in this picture than the other? I don't know, I really like it and that's all that matters. I love shaking my head to feel it all move.

What else is going on? Not a lot, I guess. I bought some wine, but I'm not in the mood to drink it...at least not alone. Played 18 holes at Magic Castle, hahaha with my daughter and my parents.

Oh, and I found out that an ex-friend of mine was talking shit about me to my brother. He didn't give me details but for some reason thought I should know. Poor guy was at work when all this happened. It was kinda sweet he said that had he not been at he would have busted her in the mouth. He said that the guy she was with looked as uncomfortable with the whole situation as he felt. I have no further details, as I asked for none. People create there own karma, yet somehow I take all the blame.

I'm mildly excited. I found out one of my friends is going to be in town soon to go to a wedding. We have mutually agreed that we should hang out, but last time it didn't work out so I'm not holding out too much hope for this time. I always have so much fun with him. Everything has been so shitty that an evening with Chad would be a nice change of pace. I haven't really hung out with him in a long time. Jesus, not counting the five minutes he stopped by last Fall, it's been almost two years.

Apparently, there is still talking to be done. Shrug...best I can tell nine out of ten women surveyed agree that I'm not crazy for feeling this way, and seeing as that tenth one who disagrees is Rachel then it's a resounding Jenny is not being any of the horrible things that she worried she was, etc, etc, who cares.

Gonna watch a bad movie with my kid and eat yummy stuff that's bad for me :)

1 comment: