If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Please wait until vehicle becomes to a complete stop...


Well, I'm back!

All in all, it was a pretty good trip. We did so much, it's no wonder I have blisters on the balls of my feet. Even with all the rain that Alberto dumped on us Monday and Tuesday we were able to do a lot of the things that we wanted to do. Jordan is already talking about next year when we go...



It was nice to have no worries for a whole week. I even ended up spending way less money than I had anticipated, which is a very good thing.

It's not to say that I didn't contemplate or ponder. I had a lot of thinking time. Even though I travelled with my daughter, she's not a huge conversationalist, especially when utterly engrossed in the magic of Disney.

I got to have lunch with an old friend of mine at House of Blues. I look good in the Bootsy Collins glasses. How do I have a life where I have a friend who is friend's with Bootsy, but I can't get bums on the street to talk to me? It was nice tho, didn't think that I ever see them again for various reasons. After lunch, my head definately kicked into high gear. The culmination of all these thoughts is that I now have Liz Phair's "Polyester Bride" stuck in my head. Especially the "should I bother dating unfamous men", somehow it's all fitting.

So, here we go back from vaca and ready to change my world. Truthfully, it feels like the events of the last several months happened eons ago. I feel so far removed from all that ickiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment