If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Friday, June 23, 2006

In re:Mr.Benchley, the thorn in my side...

If I were to be inclined and able to burn a CD right now, it would probably have the following playlist.

 

Pure Morning-Placebo

Never Let Me Down Again - Depeche Mode

Waiting on a Friend - The Rolling Stones

One of Us Should Know - Bob Dylan

Show Me Your Soul - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Wildest Dreams - Moody Blues

Under the Milky Way - The Church

Follow the Sun - The Beatles

Long Distance - Iggy Pop

Gypsy - Fleetwood Mac

Favorite Mistake - Sheryl Crow

 

Maybe a few others...it's been one of those weeks. The good mood is still intact, but with an undercurrent of hmm.

 

It seems like every song I hear for the past couple of days takes me there, that place I want to ignore. I am mostly ignoring it. The old Jenny would have done a number of borderline pathetic things just to skim some of the good feeling off the top. I'm not saying I haven't thought about it. I just know that whatever starts always ends...the last time quite painfully.

 

I mentioned to Jordan that we might have a houseguest end of July. I expected she'd get pissy, even after explaining he'd be on the couch and in all reality only there when we weren't. How am I supposed to take it when she makes up a space behind the couch using a lounge chair and blankets?

 

Raising my eyebrows and getting back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment