If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Whole Wheat Flax Beer Bread

First, I want to apologize for a lack of a picture. I just didn't think about it.

One of my reasons for trying Do You Bake? in the first place was that they have this product. It's hard to find good whole wheat mixes. I'm pleased to report that my search has ended.

I made this the other evening to rave reviews. I used a Coke instead of a beer which added a certain sweetness to the bread. It is really easy to make and uses only 2 ingredients aside from the mix. 12 oz of liquid and 3T of butter. See easy!

The consistency and texture was spot on with what I would expect from a whole wheat bread. The sweetness from the Coke makes me think that in the future I could fake some quick bread, like banana nut, by using juice and adding some nuts or whatever.

I fully recommend this mix to anyone who likes a good wheat bread.

You can purchase it from Do You Bake?.

No comments:

Post a Comment