If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Friday, February 24, 2012

Day, n. A period of twenty-four hours, mostly misspent. ~ Ambrose Bierce

No, your eyes are not deceiving you. It's 6:44am and I am up and posting.

I have been up since a little after five when I rolled over to find that I could. My husband was gone, and honestly it bummed me out a little. Turned out he hadn't left yet, so I got to have a little chat and see him off...okay, granted, I never actually left the comfort of the bed.


Last night marked the first night all week he was home. He started a new job this week. The training schedule is crazy intensive with him spending time at I guess it's a regional office, the corporate HQ, his new office, and one close to here. This week has been interesting for sure. I actually drove four hours (round trip) just to spend five hours with him the other night.


So, I am up and I am writing and wishing the coffee would pour itself and walk over to me.


I have never been a morning person. I enjoy mornings but there is such a lack of availability at places that I have tended to not get anything done in the morning. Our whole schedule is changing. I don't mind the change, except that we don't really know what the routine will be. We won't know for a few more weeks, and even then that routine will be short-lived because summer will be here and the school schedules will drop out of rotation.


I guess a better subject line for this blog would have been "The Only Constant is Change". See what happens when I don't have my coffee, I can't think clearly! No, I picked well. I have had no listlessly idle time this week. Even though I do not really have today planned out fully (yet), I know that I will fully utilize the next eight hours so that when he gets home I can spend sometime with him. Sure, I've got the weekend too but I hardly got to see him last night.

I laid in bed the other night, after I got home from visiting him. I found myself thinking about how you don't really realize how not together you are sometimes until you are really not together. How many twenty-four hour periods we've misspent! Ah, but all of that is another blog. I really must get out of this bed and get my coffee and get on with my day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  I know I plan to :)


No comments:

Post a Comment