If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Do You Bake?: Frenchy Chicken and Quinoa Ooh La La!

I made this for dinner the other night, had leftovers a little bit ago for lunch. I have to admit the I was a little leery because I just haven't really like quinoa in the past, but trust me if I truly didn't like this dish I would tell you.

The mix comes with the herb packet and the quinoa. You add chicken, onion, and tomatoes and after about 60 minutes...voila! The asparagus paired nicely with it. Asparagus isn't normally in the rotation at the Wolfe den but it was on sale this week so I couldn't pass it by.

If you do not know what quinoa is, don't be swayed. As you can tell by the picture it looks a bit like sticky rice. It is a grain that is native to South America, and is nutrient packed and very easy to prepare. Don't skip the soak, it is an important part of the process. I set mine to soak before I started the chicken, then put it on the burner after the chicken was in the oven and everything was done about the same time. I think my quinoa actually ended up a tad on the overdone side, because I had an unexpected chauffeur duty that put off dinner by about fifteen minutes.

I most prep there is with the chicken is dicing the onion and tomato. The ingredient list says canned tomatoes are okay. We rarely have those in this house. I'm glad on this first run that wasn't an option because I do not think that canned tomatoes would be as good.

My other thoughts on this are that it could very easily be stretched past four servings by increasing the onion and tomato and cutting the chicken in to smaller pieces. I intend to try this in the near future, so if there is anyone out there who knows me and wants to volunteer, I could use a taste-tester.

I love the combination of herbs that are in this mix, and I sincerely hope that down the line Do You Bake? will offer a shaker of it. It be an extra bonus if they called it "Frenchy Ooh La Licious Herbs"

So two thumbs up for the Frenchy Chicken, more if I had them. My husband really liked it, too, and he's very particular about what he puts in his mouth.

Disclaimer time: I am an independent distributor of Do You Bake products. If you click this link, and place an order, I will receive a commission of your purchase.  You can check out this and the complete line of Do You Bake? products at http://www.DoYouBake.com/JennyWolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment