If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just because you say that doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want to say to me!

There should be quotes around that title. It is something that Mr. Dennit says to Ricky Bobby after Ricky makes a disrespectful comment and then comes back with ,"What? I said it with all due respect!"

What is it about human nature that makes people justify their disrespectful natures with some horse puckey? There was a customer today that was just a giant meanie bo-beanie. He wasn't yelling or anything like that but he was quite rude and disrespectful in the way he carried himself. Talk about lessons in humility! I feel like I should print a shirt with my resume on it to wear at work. I try not to let people's perceptions of me drag me down, but old dude was out of line.

I have noticed that about some of the customers. They are my neighbors in the sense that we all live on the same side of town. I think it is a safe assumption that most of them come into the store and assume that we are poorly educated, Eastside hood rats who take the 14 to work. So, I guess they will be surprised to when they start recognizing me in other places.

Sorry, friends, I guess I am just having a rough day. I have been trying to focus on killing people with kindness but have been disappointed to learn that kindness is neither blunt nor penetrating. It is difficult to be mindful of others when they completely disregard you.

Thankfully, it was 60 and sunny here in Ohio most of the day so it helped me deal. Couple of errands and some outside play with the boy and figuring out that the best way I could make up for that dude is to not pay it forward to clerks everywhere and be the lady who makes them forget about the meanie bo-beanies,

No comments:

Post a Comment