If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Friday, June 15, 2012

If money were no object, what would you do?

That question in some form or another seems have popped up in my life lately. Partly good friends trying to help me focus, partly because of all that half a billion dollar lottery madness a few weeks back. I hate that question. I feel like Peter in Office Space when people ask me that. I never had an answer that's why I am blogging from my kitchen.

Being the smarty butt that I am though, I am grateful for that movie because I am not afraid to answer that question with "I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man" I can't help it. It's funny and evasive. We, and by we, I mean my husband and I, used to watch that movie all the time it seems like. One of us would have a bad week and next thing you know it's Friday night and we're curled up together laughing at TPS reports and art imitating reality.

I guess when I really start to think about it, there are things other than nothing but they seem so I dunno. I don't have the background or knowledge to run a tourist attraction, specifically a working farm or campground. Actually, maybe both together. Some sort of retreat, yeah, I know crazy. Then there's what I can only really voice as be an oracle. Heck, I've already got the kitchen so I am half way there, right?


I am not really passionate about anything in particular. I think the last time I was super obsessive about something every inch of my wall was covered with Joey McIntyre and Donnie Wahlberg. I enjoy things but I don't really live or breathe anything. Some people think that's a problem. I am starting to see that it's listening to those people that's the problem.

Life's too short to be obsessive, you miss a lot when you obsess.

Like if suddenly, I had a million dollars...I'd pay off everything, sock some away for the kids' college, take a vacation or two, and see where life took me from there. I'd probably give quite a bit to a couple of places too. Oh, yeah, that's another thing that I would do if money were no object be some sort of venture capitalist/philanthropist. 

I don't know. Seems like if you look at things that sound cool to me I keep wanting to give it away which probably explains a lot about my ill spent youth too. Let's see, entertain, educate, inspire, advise, give away money. Wait a second! That sounds an awful lot like being a mom. So, maybe the real reason I have such a hard time with that question is that I am already doing it, so everything is superfluous.

No comments:

Post a Comment