If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Thursday, August 25, 2011

I find it hard to tell you 'Cos I find it hard to take When people run in circles It's a very, very Mad World

Originally a Tears for Fears song, but most people seem to know it from Donnie Darko. It's a fairly disturbingly beautiful song. And since I am still chaining my titles, it fits!

I don't think I finished my failure outline. Really, all I have been trying to highlight is that I have put a lot of time, energy, brainpower and sweat into life and there hasn't been any ROI. Probably the reason I enjoy my kids so much is that they are the only thing I have done right but if every thing else isn't working out... how the hell am I supposed to take care of them.

I am really proud of both of them. As I type this my son is eating "pop carts" in his undies watching Mickey Mouse. In his undies because he takes his clothes off. Eating Pop Tarts because he climbed in the cupboard and got one. Watching Mickey Mouse because he changed the DVD by himself. I am not sure what period it is, but I would think near 4th so my daughter would be in history. I don't talk a lot about my kids because people always act like I am making up how great they are. My daughter is in Honors English and Honors Geometry this year. She was in AP US History but we let her drop it so she could be a teenage girl. I think she could have handled it, but you are only a Sophomore once and she's got the rest of her life to learn history. I really enjoy watching her and her friends. It made me realize why really old people are smiling all the time. Younger people are hilarious.

Time to go run in my own circles. This house is a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment