If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Monday, August 1, 2011

DJ Mashups: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Learn to Love the Rapture

Written 5/23/11, unfinished....

So, the first wave of the Rapture has come and gone. Saturday morning, I had found a mashup by Go Home Productions called "Rapture Riders on the Storm" (Blondie v. The Doors) and it helped get that particular Blondie song out of my head.

All and all it has been a pretty good week or so, lots and lots going on, so no time to play blogger.

Kings of Leon - Pyro (Official Music Video). Watch more top selected videos about: Kings of Leon

When the whole Rapture thing was getting a lot of press earlier in the week, I honestly kept thinking about this video. I have probably listened to this a million times since last Wednesday. I like it. It makes sense.

One of the most profound epiphanies of that last week is that we really need to get out of this town. We have been saying that for awhile but I don't think we ever realized why or how deep seated the idea was with us. It's not just that we've barely seen sun in the last three months. There are so many other factors.
  1. The end is near. Now, I don't actually literally believe that. I honestly take all of that in from a metaphysical, metaphorically, cosmological standpoint. Rapture is an expansion of consciousness. I don't exactly live in an area of the world that welcomes that sort of thinking. (BTW, Pat, I finally picked up a copy of Celestine Prophecy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment