If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Sports Medicine Clinic

So, once upon a time, in a land far away (seriously Germantown's like middle of nowhere) I was active enough to have played through my fair share of minor injuries. The past couple of days, I have been feeling like maybe I skipped track practice and had to run the punishment laps (One lap for every minute late x 120 minutes of practice, fun, fun).

At first, I was thinking it was footwear choices. Mama likes her big girl shoes, can't help it. This morning I'm really feeling it, and I start to wonder, could this be? Nah, I haven't done any running or whatever. But damn, it so feels exactly like!

So, I hop online. Whaddya know, I learned something.

It is entirely possible to get shin splints from things other than running. Sure, Wikipedia doesn't directly say that, but I was reading the mechanics of shin splints and thinking of those other things. I've probably had a lot of forceful extension of toe lately, who am I kidding, there's no probably. So, wow...

No comments:

Post a Comment