If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Friday, April 28, 2006

Which is better?

I have had this quandary for sometime.

 

I do not formally belong to a political party. I know most people don't,

but I've always liked to believe I was better than most people.  I have

days where I want to get involved, but...

 

Maybe it's a family trait. My great-grandma was very active in her church,

very spiritual, very like some beacon of christian goodness. Turns out

that despite going to the same church/denomination for more years than

I have been alive, she was never actually a member of the church. (For those

who don't know, membership is much like declaring party affiliation except

way more public.) As I hear it, the reason was that she didn't support all the

tenets her particular denomination would have had her espouse.

 

Maybe membership is overrated. Maybe I would do more good because it's not

the being a card-carrying member of anything that I am interested in. It seems

like such a little thing, but I can't in good conscious sign my name to something

stating that I believe in something when I don't. In fact, I support the complete opposite.

 

Hmm, but that's just me...I've been known to be wrong. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment