If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dayton Dragons dreaming on such an April day

Opening Day 2011
One of my favorite places to go in Dayton.

We didn't make it down to Opening Day this year but we were able to catch it on 7-2. Finally, going to catch our first game of the season this weekend. I'm excited. I seriously am like a little kid when it comes to hitting a game.

I have so many great Dragons ball memories, and many more to come I am sure. One that almost immediately pops to mind is the day I got completely drenched because we were short a ticket. Ryan took the kids ahead in because it was obvious a storm was a brewin'. It was one of those times where everyone is playing beat the clock to try and take cover. I swear literally the minute the box office lady slid my ticket through the sky ripped open and flooded the Earth. Torrential downpour with about six of us trying to stay reasonable dry huddled under the slim box office awnings with the wind blowing waves of water right at us. It isn't that far from the BO to the gate, but it was one of those rains that you're just better waiting out. Did I mention that my husband had our umbrella? C'est la vie!

When it died down enough to get into the stadium, there was such an energy inside. No game going on obviously, just throngs of people managing to still have a great time despite the elements. That was the night that one of the player's proposed to his girlfriend, too. It seemed like the normal in-between inning madness with Heater. The game was explained, the girl blindfolded, music going but then Heater sneaked off and the player (I off hand can't remember who it was) went out and kneeled down in front of her. The music is still going but honestly, there was a hush about the stadium. If you've ever been to a game, you would know that these little intermissions don't take long, so she must have sensed something and when she took her blinders off, BOOM! It was pretty awesome, and lucky for him she said yes.

Like I said, I don't think I have ever had a bad time with the Dayton Dragons. This morning could have been totally bad and frustrating. When I had technical issues with printing forwarded tickets, it literally could have taken all day to resolve. I called and a real person answered the phone and got me right where I needed to be and I got everything taken care of in under ten minutes. Awwwwwwwwwwwwsssome!

Feel free to share your Dayton Dragons (or other baseball) memories in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment