If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ghost

We make a good team

        He said

I didn't disagree

I'm just trying to be honest

        He said

Nothing is what I stupidly said

I like you

        He said

I like you too

        I said

And I was thankful for his lie

He said enough

        to drop my guard

I said it didn't matter

        I thought I could win

I said that this would be different

        I thought I could win

Turns out I can't compete

        He said a lot of things

I wish he hadn't said

        If I really had been thinking

I would have never said 'hi'

I am the ghost that everyone glides through

        I said to myself

I am a ghost of a girl

        Who never has a chance

A ghost who thought

        She knew the game

A sad apparition distracted by

        What he said

He should have said nothing

        I should have let it go

        The first time

No comments:

Post a Comment