If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Sunday, September 3, 2006

'Cuz I'm shameless, shameless as a man can be

Yesterday was a lot of fun, I mean if you ignore me nearly catching my house on fire, some brief plumbing problems, locking my keys in the car and other minor near catastrophes.

I nearly have my living room painted. Woohoo, it's only going on two months since I started.
Sarah came over bearing Krispy Kreme as incentive for me to help her work on her resume.


Very little resume work was done.
We ended up running downtown so I could see for myself that Seattle East was in fact closed :( Then we swung by Gem City Records which I didn't care for really. I haven't been in there since they went under new management. The Tyler Durden in me has a lot to say about the way it is now. I mean, really, I can't tell you the last time I went shopping for music and thought to myself,"You know what would be great? Fairy themed scented candles, why can't I buy hard rock and fairy candles in the same store?!"


After that we went to lunch as Elsa's and to The Greene. I don't really care for the Greene either, but really wasn't much else to do yesterday.


As a side note, Sarah is probably moving soon as she looks to have snagged a position on a Hawaiian cruise line. She's worried that she won't pass the training, using her poor
PE track record to back her up. I told her there is a big difference between this and PE, mainly that she wants this and she wants to be there.


Having horrible Rob & Rachel dreams again. Not all the time, but enough to piss me off.


I really need some sort of distraction.
Maybe if I get all the painting done this morning, I'll go hunt one down.
I wanted to go to Canal Street last night, but remembered that it is
my opinion that the scene doesn't want me anyore. Rethinking
my campaign to get some folks to go to Dayton MusicFest with me, too.
Sure we all want to see the drummer with the arms that make a girl swoon, but
I can't say that it's worth the price of admission.

Jess sent me an email with a job posting she found. :)

Back to painting with me. Maybe it'll be nice enough to hit Alter-fest today. (Just a
parochial school festival, not a bacchanalian quest to reach other
levels of consciousness.


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment