If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Look at the stars, Look how they shine for you, And all the things that you do.


Confession. I don't even really like Coldplay. I wanted to because everyone was all "OMG Coldplay!" when they first hit. I may own a copy of "Rush of Blood to the Head" but I also probably haven't listened to it since I bought it. None of this is pertinent to why I am on this yellow jag today. I just sometimes like to throw out something superfluous for no reason at all.

One, it's utterly gloomy in Ohio. I haven't seen the sun in days so I have been trying to surround myself with brightness. I should probably replace every light in my house with a full spectrum bulb...or move to Arizona. Neither of which is feasible so here I am with a bright yellow gif.
 
Two, last night I was thinking about Charles Filmore's, "The Twelve Powers of Man." I have not read that book but a redux of sorts called ,"Your God Given Potential." Filmore's premise was that these twelve spiritual powers were perfectly expressed in Jesus and are present in every single one of us. Long story short, each power has a corresponding disciple, color, and physical area of manifestation, like chakras in the Eastern traditions. 

So, thinking about that led to me Googling a bunch of stuff about a BUNCH of stuff, which led to me researching the twelve powers concept of elimination and the solar plexus (or third) chakra. Yellow is the color that brings that chakra in to balance. I like yellow so hey, why not. 

Okay, so there I am this morning, thinking about yellow (among other things). One of those being the current challenges a friend of mine is going through which is where Coldplay queued up in my head. I haven't had the words to say. As the I went about my morning, I thought about the line I used as a title. I thought about a lot of songs about sunshine and stars. I dressed in all the yellow that I had and sent a message to my friend. 

Sometimes, it's not about the exact right words. It's just about being there.  Ecclesiastes 1:5 says,"The sun also rises, and the sun goes down, And hastens to the place where it arose." The sun is a star that shines for you...and all the things that you do but it may set briefly but the darkness does not last forever. You may weep during the night, but joy comes in the morning (Psalm 30:5b Jenny's Memory Abridged Version). 

So my friends, how much does this song change for you if you imagine it through the lens of God singing it to you? It's something I like to do and it completely changes the lyrics,"Turn into something beautiful, Do you know, For you I'd bleed myself dry, For you I'd bleed myself dry."
 
The stars do indeed shine for you my friend. Be someone's sunshine today.


No comments:

Post a Comment