If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Sunday, January 13, 2013

What's in a name or should I stay or should I go?

I have this particular blog up for awhile. I covered this at some point and if I wasn't so lazy I would find the post and link to it. But anyway, I originally started this blog under this title because I was going promote fundraising things and whatnot. I don't mind the title but it seems restrictive. Do I just ignore that and keep pressing on or do I change it and lose what has been built up over two years?

See, I have a much better title idea. It's one of those titles that I could encompass my entire life under and it's way more fitting. It's a title I could own. But I couldn't just change the layout of this one because one title with a tisbetter2give.blogspot.com doesn't make that much sense. Although, in light of the title in my head, it could cuz well, just trust me the title in my head lends itself to illogical hodgepodge.

Illogical hodgepodge. Story of my life.

I just don't know. I have had more than one person this week make a comment to me about my writing. It's like breathing to me, but apparently it means something to others too. I just feel restricted sometimes by the title.

Does it matter? I mean would you care if your Kindness in Giving page talked about crazy stuff that sometimes wasn't kind or giving or loving?

I am making a scrinchy face now because I just don't know. I would love to take this and make this what I need, what my family needs, what my readers need BUT I just don't know. How do you build something like that. Is it possible to have this name and attract people or do I need something cooler.

I have something cooler. Like it's like I am totally in love with it cool and twenty, thirty years from now it would still probably be meaningful to me.

I could just go though. I mean, honestly, I have a hard time keeping on task with all this. There's a lot of work and I don't always have the time or technology to do what I need to do to seem all engaged and plugged in.

More scrinchy face. I do have a whole, um, business plan around this and if I were to focus there is a certain void this could fill. Can I focus though? I can't even decide about the title, so what do you think?

Extreme scrinchy face.

Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment