If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Invisible War - Screening in Bradford, Ohio on October 20, 2012

The funny thing about the internet...at least the way I approach the internet...is that connections can be made that you wouldn't normally make. I am not afraid of internet strangers, so my Facebook page I have a few friends of friends that I have never met along with perfect strangers.

One of those friends, one day started posting about MST. Now, I knew right off, it wasn't Mystery Science Theatre, because even that isn't even close to as interesting as the personal story that was unfolding before me. I knew that she has been in the service. I could have never imagined that she had been the victim of Military Sexual Trauma.

She shared her story. Her complete story which I read in disbelief. She had connected with others and is now part of a group planning a huge rally for MST survivors. As part of this effort, she has been able to get a special screening of The Invisible War  which chronicles the epidemic of rape and sexual abuse in the US military. It will be shown at Bradford High School, 750 Railroad Ave, Bradford, OH 45308 on Saturday, October 20, 2012 at 2:00pm.The event is free to the public but they will be taking donations for an MST survivor rally slated for Spring 2013.

The statistics about MST are mind blowing. I hope that you can come out to support my friend and her work in getting this movie shown. 


No comments:

Post a Comment