If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I said "I know, everybody funny, now you funny too"

8 minutes 24 seconds no annoying ad...that's what I am talking about.

 So, the line hit me this morning. I am looking for other jobs. Temping is after all only temporary. I found a couple maybes. Granted, they are less appealing after reading the Glassdoor content on 'em but they pay more than where I am at now. Plus, I sold my soul along time ago so really there's nothing to lose by trying. 

Wow, that felt harsh to write. It's true though. At least it seems true. It seems like my personal left at Albuquerque has led me to this weird marginally employable place. There's no when I grow up I wanna be anymore. There's a stack of things that need attention and they really do not give a flying youknowwhat if I am happy and fulfilled and enjoying my work. It would be flippin' wonderful, don't get me wrong, it would be flippin' fantastic if by some magical token I could find something that would cover things enough that the mister could not have to be gone all the damn time in a job that for the most part is only making him older. 

Yesterday, I was feeling sad. Today, I am just mad. 

...And the only three* people in the world that I could openly and freely discuss it with are at work.Which is probably for the best because it's only 10:20am here and on a Wednesday that's just too early to start pouring drinks. 

Enjoy the George Thorogood and enjoy your day and try not to be too funny.




*The three people are my husband and my two brothers which quite possibly is a folie a quatre in the making but eh, at least it's good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment