If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Thursday, June 23, 2011

To post or not to post, that is the question in this SEO crazy social media mixed up world.

Something that I have on my toolbar that most people don't is SEO tools. My husband's old job required them, I learned to use them. I can't help it I am an information junkie. I like to know things.

So, I am getting some business related things together and looking at options. It is not until you really start looking that you see how full of snake oil the entire internet is. People claiming certain following on Facebook and LinkedIn and Twitter and whatnot, but then to look at their site through the SEO tools... well, pure crap plain and simple.

I am not trying to be rude but if your page rankings are abyssmal and your FB page has more commercial graffiti than Times Square what really is the benefit of jumping on your advertising specials? Wouldn't I be better off putting my hard earned dollars to work in something as silly as the Coffee News? You might laugh, but I pick one up every time I see one. It's something idle to look at and they do get me everytime which is more than I can say for most online sites.

I don;t know. I am into some really good stuff and I just don't want to waste my money on some dark corner of the internet. I have kids, I don't really need to try to throw money away they do it for me :)

In other news, I am totally off schedule and wondering if a long meditation tomorrow would sync me back up. I totally understand the whole guru fascination at times like these...

Anyway...random...sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment