If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Friday, August 4, 2006

Take this job and shove it, I don't work here anymore

So my office had it's big moving day today. It was horrible and awful and venting about it just makes me wants smash heads together.

I don't know if I had mentioned it, but I applied for a transfer to the Finance Department. I now have an interview with the Finance Department on Tuesday. I can't see any reason they wouldn't pick me. We'll see I guess. Keep your fingers crossed.

Despite the atrocities of moving and the world in general, I am please to report the rediscovery of my happy place. Funny how that works sometimes, now if I can just get a decent night of rest I'll be in business.

Speaking of which, I'm off. I worked almost 12 hours on 5 hours sleep. I'm gonna watch "Son-in-Law" and doze off and I don't care who knows it.

Oh wait... I watched parts of "The Filth and the Fury" last night. It disproves certain theories people have about me and a love of bassist since Sid was the Sex Pistols bassist and well, he's never really captivated me. Anyhow, something about watching that made me feel better about me. I forget sometimes that a lot of people put on a lot of show and in that show they convince themselves that they are the real deal. All of this despite the fact that they are totally missing the point. My generation is full of that. Wannabe punks wrapped in consumer gluttony compliments of Hot Topic who wouldn't know anarchy or subversion if it bit them in the ass of their mass produced bondage pants. I told someone once that I felt like Manic Panic usage over the age of 25, is not a suitable replacement for a personality. People who are so busy trying to be a "type" that they've become nobodies.

I dunno, I guess my ruminations just made me realize that in this little act of being me...I've got a lot to offer. AND I really should expect more from the people in my life. There are no discernable types in my past lovers, no clear slant to my friends except for that they dig me.

Joe was right! Knowing IS half the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment