If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Thursday, December 6, 2012

18 Days Until Christmas...roughly...

I am guessing. I am too lazy to count it out. It hardly seems like anytime at all really.

I have really been busy. I have inadvertently done a lot of my shopping online. Plus, the only one Santa is filling a stocking for is the boy. I love doing the stocking thing but I tend to go overboard. So, I asked my daughter if her feelings would be hurt if she didn't get a stocking and she looked at me like she has been waiting for that question for years. So there's some time and money saved.

I am not really in the spirit yet. This weather certainly isn't helping. I don't know what my problem is. I got to go to a "hanging of the greens" service on Sunday and that's like one of my favorite Christmas things. The boy saw Santa on Monday. I've boxed up like 50 gifts of goodies with a ton more to do tomorrow and possibly Saturday. Still. I don't know. I'm just not feeling the cheer this year.

I still have a number of gifts to pick up. Usually, I am all over it. It's not even the matter of the "perfect gift" I can't even think of anything to get folks. I pretty much have the people in my house done. They sorta easy really but past that I haven't a clue. If money were no object, I'd probably be done. If I didn't actually care about what I gave people, I would be done. If I could just get a big cup of Yuletide cheer, I am sure I'd be in a wrapping frenzy.

So, eighteen days to get my butt in gear, huh? It will surely be a Christmas miracle. I am not kidding.

Any suggestions to help me get on my mistletoe?




No comments:

Post a Comment