If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Friday, April 8, 2011

With tornado watches issued shortly before noon Sunday, for the areas including, the western region of my mental health and the northern portions of my ability to deal rationally with my disconcerted precarious emotional situation

It's been quite a week. I think that is why I have "Emotional Weather Report" by Tom Waits streaming through my head. Love me some Tom Waits. As a matter of fact, what sounds absolutely fantastic is to have a late night chill out with Tom and this adequate premixed Cosmopolitan I bought. Something very Alice's apartment circa the turn of the century, with laid back with no place to be, no one to impress, flowing drinks and ever increasing silliness.


The high school drama of earlier this week resolved nicely. Thanks God! I am pretty sure there is less drama in thirty seconds of Telemundo novellas than in high school.

I don't much remember most of the week, because so much happened and my brain is getting old. If not old, perhaps those white spots on my MRI have grown and they weren't really an old head injury.

I interrupt this blog to beg you to watch this!  


Started a starter for sourdough, that was exciting. Seriously, I can not describe the joy it has brought me this past couple days. It smelled awful this morning and couldn't have been happier. I can't wait to use it.

We went to the Dragon's season opener yesterday. Cold but enjoyable. Ran into some old friends, and that really put me in a good mood. Then, this couple came from nowhere and gave us tickets to seats, nice high seats on the first base side. I totally think it was one of those being in the flow sort of things, and I'm pretty grateful.

I have a lot on my mind, but there were a couple of things this week that have me holding back a bit. It takes all of my energy somedays to stay positive, to not be sucked into the dark side. There is always a primal way to react, and a right way. This week I have been feeling quite primal. I can't afford to be all aggro all the time. I don't really like it either, except that it is an unfortunately comfortable place. One incident this week really tipped the scale, and quickly ripped the sheath of my venomous tongue and prepared for the kill. Sigh, and then I stepped back and thought about what really bothered me about the situation. Truth be told, I was pissed off that despite a friendly warning people who would possibly be offended by something proceeded to read it anyway. Then, the same people, rather than adding anything substantive just did what people of that slant do best act like spoiled children, skirting the issue and disparaging someone they don't really know squat about. The whole thing just left me fuming about the sorry state of this society and fallible logic systems that people hold their whole life and NEVER challenge.

It had me wanted to compose a very intimate profile of myself and how I came to be this person I am now, but people like that don't care about facts. They wallow in their own arrogance and would know the truth about anything even if it bit them on their self-importance, pseudo-intellectual asses. I'm gonna stop before I ruin a perfectly good evening.

I think a shorter version of this whole thing would have simply been to type: "I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore!" But where's the fun in that? 

A little Waits to take us out, and all will be well again...at least, well for two minutes and twenty-nine seconds:)

No comments:

Post a Comment