If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

Lots and lots going on since the last time I posted. Friday ended up being quite a busy day. Since it was fairly warm, we took the baby to the park in the morning to blow off steam. Since it was still fairly warm in the afternoon, we headed out to the bark park. Not sure what was going on up there, but it didn't look fun so we spent about an hour at Englewood Reserve, er, Metropark, er whatever they call themselves these days.

I almost thought that we weren't going to make it to church for the Burning Bowl Ceremony. I had never been to one...or so I thought. It's pretty similar to what I used to accomplish with a large vase and a lighter when I was younger. After some time of reflection, you write down what you are going to leave behind you as the new year begins. If you are interested in listening to service, it should appear here pretty soon.

I really enjoyed it. I certainly felt a lot lighter afterward.

We rang in the New Year at home, and then I drifted off to sleep to the comedy stylings of Jim Gaffigan.  "Oh, that's not right."

As good as Friday was Saturday seemed to be trying to pull me down. Luckily, it didn't. We had a date with the Dayton Gems and all the fun that came with being Stick Kid of the Game.


My husband's band, NPD, played last night but I didn't get to go to the show. 


This morning in church, we had a white stone ceremony. It's a pretty cool thing. Inspired by Revelation 2:17.
Again, there is a time of meditation, reflection and divine inspiration. The idea is that if you were really listening to God, then you know what your work is for this year so to speak. I listened, and I wouldn't go as far as calling God crazy. Well, maybe I would, God and I go way back and sometimes we tease. Anyway, I know what I heard isn't something that the human me would set as an intention for the year, so this will be an interesting year. 


Until we meet again, my friends, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment