If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Thursday, January 13, 2011

More sleeping...

And if tonight my soul may find her peace
in sleep, and sink in good oblivion,
and in the morning wake like a new-opened flower
then I have been dipped again in God, and new-created.
~D.H. Lawrence


This sleeping idea is on my mind a lot lately. Literally, because of my own lack of sleep. My son's new habit of rising early and running and gunning full steam without a nap coupled with what seems to be a screwed up sleep cycle is really taking a toll.

Last night, I had the strangest dream. Well, most of them these days are strange and somewhat disturbing but upon waking I have very little recall of the specifics. Last night though, I dreamt about the church I grew up in and visiting there as an adult. The outside was the Market Street building, but inside it was something in line with the Crystal Cathedral of Hour of Power fame. I had to wade through people to find a seat in the back. I recognized so many people and no one recognized me. It was interesting because it wasn't just people who would have been adults when I was a kid that I recognized but also my peers. No one really paid attention to me until I happened to notice fire shooting out of a vent. Someone was able to douse it with water and put it out and everyone got out safely BUT the fire roared up again and the whole place burned down. People were trying to call 911 but no one was successful. Weird, weird stuff...I have my suspicions what it all means but feel free to add your own interpretations. 

I have been scrubbing leads all morning. It's oddly fascinating work...compiling and paring down a list of prospects based on certain criteria. It will be even more fascinating work when things start closing! I should have pursued some sort of research position when I was younger. I really have a sick love of data and inference. Couple that with my penchant for remembering things, and I should have have the internet memorized in the next couple of months. 

I heard this morning that something like 69% of the country got hit with snow earlier this week. I personally love snow. For me, it is peaceful and exhilarating at the same time. I don't know about you, but in this house when the weather kills our motivation for going out our movie watching increases. I have been thinking about the Guy Ritchie movie Revolver a lot over the past week or two. I can't really tell you why without giving away a lot of the plot. Here's the trailer:

 



I would have never thought that I would have liked it, but I do. I really do. Check it out if you get a chance, you may find you like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment