If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Friday, December 31, 2010

...don't call it a come back...

I never intended to go so long between post, like I said my hubby had been hogging up the computer with a project. Can't complain really since it is really working out for him. Plus, I must have been a good girl this year because Santa brought me a laptop for Christmas.

I have to admit. I really was disheartened in my last post. Most of the Christmas season, I just didn't feel the Spirit. It really bothered me too. I love Christmas. I love the energy. I love just about everything about it. It seemed like the harder I tried to find the Spirit, the more it eluded me. Isn't that always the case?

In my hiatus, I did realize that I need to be more true to myself in things. I have been trying to make this a place of general appeal, and it really hasn't been working for me. Don't get me wrong, I have had some interest in everything that I have posted, I just don't feel like I have been 100% myself in my post. I would rather have an authentic voice that no one hears than to sing a number one hit that I could care less about.

I have a lot of interest lately that I would really like to share. More and more, I am seeing this "giving" idea much more broadly. I am hoping to get myself and everything else a little more organized so that I can give a little bit more of myself to everyone else. It may not be much but it is the best that I have.

I am looking forward to tomorrow, the last day of 2010. No big plans yet. I want to go to the NYE service at church and my other half wants to go to a rave in Cincy. I am thankful that we believe in a benevolent God that will let us do both...if that is in fact what we are supposed to do. Looking forward to the year ahead finally in a place where I feel like it "get it" and that nothing can really faze me.

I hope all of you have a safe and sensational night tomorrow night, and I leave you with "The Toast (Here's to Life)" by Richard Mekdeci. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment