If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Neither gone nor forgotten...

Despite having a fairly decent mental outline of post ideas, I just haven't felt like posting much these past couple of days. It is hard to post positively when you positively feel negative. I am working on it. Actually, I quite thought I was on pretty solid ground as far as "keeping on the sunny side" goes but turns out that I did not account for outside influences.

As I am writing this, I can say with all seriousness I can get why someone who wanted to dedicate their life to a spiritual end would find monkdom or nunnery (official or self-imposed) appealing. There is still human nature to deal with, but to some end everyone else at the abbey is on the same page as you are and that would certainly make it all easier wouldn't it. No spouse to breakdown, no kids to throw monkey wrenches, sounds pretty nice about now if you ask me.

Any suggestions on how to quit going to the dark side and stealing cookies?

No comments:

Post a Comment