If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Gift giving Ninja skills

I don't remember where I heard about this site but I always thought it was a great idea. I know that I have been in places where I was willing and able to "help" someone that I know out, but to actually hand them the couple of bucks they needed would have caused more damage than good. I think everyone comes across situations in their own life where they would play fairy godmother if they could eliminate the awkwardness that sometimes comes along when you help someone out.

That's where Giving Anonymous comes in! Through GA, you can send a check to whomever you want, in what ever amount you want without revealing who you are. If the recipient wants to thank you, they are given an 800# to call, they can leave a message that will be emailed to you. What if they don't ever cash the check? No problem, GA will process a return of funds for you.

The site also provides an opportunity to give to total strangers which GA pre-screens for need.

I personally have not used GA...yet. I vaguely remember at the time that I found the site, I had someone in mind BUT I didn't know their exact address and so I never followed through.

It seems like aside from the financial boost, giving through GA would help someone spiritually. Think about how you feel when you find money. Ok, now think about how you feel when you find money at a time when you really needed it. I know that there have been times in my life that just ten bucks from anywhere would have renewed my faith in anything.

The name and artist of the song escapes me at the moment, but there is a song which sings:
I cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good I can do.
Words to live by, and if I happen to find the song I will post it up here.

Until We Meet Again...

No comments:

Post a Comment