If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Monday, September 20, 2010

...The first step...

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -- Confucius


I started this up sometime ago. It sat and sat without a single post. My original intention was skewed, so I couldn't post. What I was going to do wasn't me, it didn't feel right. Not this entire idea but aspects of my original plan. As always I wasn't listening, well, at least, not listening fully.

I prosper as I live a life of purpose. My friends, that is by far one of my favorite affirmations. So simple, yet so powerful because living with a purpose changes your perception of prosperity. There I was swimming in a sea of people ostensibly doing things with a purpose, but it didn't feel right. Since our definitions of prosperity were starkly different, so was our idea of purpose.

In that time, I started reading a book that I picked up at church: The Transcendent Life by Jim Rosemergy. There is a lot of good stuff in that book, quick and easy to read the meat of it. It is the 40-day guide that requires all the work. Also, in that timeframe, we were in the process of moving...a process that went much less smoothly than expected. So, I have all these things coming at me: moving, passive aggressive emails from the purposeful bunch, a hubby stressed out from all the mess of moving and a whirlwind of work changes, a daughter on the cusp of high school, a son who can climb into and out of his highchair and everything else in his path, can't find anything, living out of boxes, don't know what day it is, second degree oil burns up my arm, god this sucks, something needs to change, arghhhhh!

Flash forward to 1:05 PM EST on this beautiful September afternoon. I have removed all that was offensive to me on this blog page and have refocused on what is important. Am I perfect? Hells no. I'll be the first to admit I have a lot of work to do to be the person I was put here to be.
When I am not waxing and waning on whatever subject tickles me, I plan to share links and stories and whatnot that may be of use on this journey. Most, but not all links with be on the sidebar. There shouldn't be any ads on here, either. All my links are direct as possible to what I want you to see, and I am doing this for the purpose of doing it so I don't see the need to monetize my blog.

Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment