If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Walking in big girl shoes...

 
 

I bought these shoes a couple of weeks ago, because well they are freakin' cute and they look great. They sat on display in my bedroom because I didn't think I'd ever  wear them since I don't seem to have occasion to wear fun stuff lately.

I wore them today because damn it cute shoes need worn.

I wore them because being practical gets really old really quick.

I wore them because I wanted people to look at me.

I went to Stiching Post with Lynn in them. I went to CD Connection and Half Price Books. And by god, people looked.

I also went to the Trolley Stop. The good ol' Trolley with it's look and no touch. I'm pretty sure that my Boston's curse transferred over there. Alas, a story for another day.

It was an okay day because I wore the shoes. I told Lynn that I was going to pretend that I was a rock star today, because it's way more fun that being a biller. I like wearing the shoes.

It actually started out kinda, no really not so great, but I managed to turn it all around.

Never made to the Rubi Girls with the people from work, because well, I wanted to do what I wanted to do. I am getting really tired of feeling like I am working on everyone else's time. I want to do what I want to do. More so on days when my family totally disregards my feelings like they did today. I'm too tired to get into it tonight. Proof of the power of the shoes I guess.

It was nice to feel like I had a life today. It was unfortunate that my daughter wasn't at all involved. I'd say it felt like I lost her, but honestly I don't think I ever really had her. I was just in a better financial position to compete, I guess. No one's ever really listening there though, so I'm just going to quit talking.

I just have to make sure I can't break whatever is in kicking distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment