If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Can't Write Too Busy Enjoying "Beyond Control" by Kings Kaleidoscope


Seriously, I had a head full of words tonight. Multiple tabs open, trying to decide what which topic would be tonight's winner. Turns out tonight is not a night to write but to listen. Kings Kaleidoscope is one of my favorite bands that you maybe never heard of and a few weeks ago they released "Beyond Control".


The first track I heard was "A Prayer", the explicit version, an awesomely powerful piece that is causing a bit of controversy amongst the Pharisees and those with stones still cocked between there thumb and forefinger. I have been in that place where the fear is exactly as described in the song. Everything you know to be true challenged by some dark night of the soul. An agonizingly lonely place where people throw you platitudes or dismiss your pain as silliness or overindulgence. A space where the bridge of this song was my prayer because I was definitely getting more than I could handle and life felt more like incineration than a refining process.


But I am not in that place. I am in a place where I am going to drop all my plans and listen to this album. (That would be Proverbs 16:9 from the New Jenny Abridged and Implied Modern. Haha.) This Vevo playlist does not contain the explicit version and I don't want to tell you how to live your life but I'd listen to that first and then dig into the album.

Insert wistful, peaceful sighs here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment