If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Belated Greeting and Insomniac Salutations...

So, I missed posting on Independence Day.Sad, because I could have prewritten something and scheduled it.
It is probably better that I didn't. Feeling diatribe-ish lately in case you hadn't noticed.

Hope that everyone had a nice holiday. We did okay. It was a strange and somewhat surreal weekend to be perfectly honest.

Friday was a bit of a let down because I had been anticipating some things that did not happen as expected. Went to the Dragon's game Friday night which was good, but I just wasn't into it. Having a lot on my mind and dealing with the kids and whatnot just doesn't make for a good time.

Saturday is somewhat of a blur. Dropped the baby off at my mom's (the oldest was already there) so that I could accompany my husband to a gig in Cincy. Aside from feeling like one of the longest days of my life, it was also one of the more disappointing. I'd like to have it stricken from the record.  Literally so much happened between the time I got up on Saturday morning until I went to bed Sunday morning that to write it all out here would sound like a David Foster Wallace novel.

The blur continued on Sunday. Took the long way home from mom's which was an interesting journey, but mostly I was just thankful not to be driving the highway. I can't remember what I even ate for dinner that night.

And just to continue the theme, yep, yesterday was non-eventful and blurry too. Sadly, the fireworks were a bit of a bust IMO too. They got started late. The time was a little choppy. The crowd was far more annoying than I remember.

Uninteresting.

Something shifted.

Or maybe it's just me...

No comments:

Post a Comment