If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lazy afternoon...sort of...

Cold and rainy here again. My brother has been here for awhile with his dog. It's been fun enough company the boy went down for a nap quite earlier than usual. Nice.

I know a couple of weeks ago I mentioned having a few things up my sleeve so to speak. I am finally at a place where I am excited to share. Well, the one I won't. I thought it would be good but it really wasn't for me. It actually made me think of Chuck Palahniuk's Lullaby. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that if life is imitating that art then maybe it's time to re-evaluate. Don't get me wrong, I love Chuck. I just don't want to live in one of his novels. So, you win some, you lose some, never hurts to try.

If my blogs have seemed less frequent, it is because I have started as a consultant with The Clever Container Company. A friend of mine introduced me to it back in February and I only recently became official. I am genuinely excited about building a business with them. I love the home parties, if only because it's a nice way to keep skills up without the hustle and bustle (and daycare cost) of a 9 to 5 gig. Since I am working with friends, even better!

I want to hold a party a week. I'm not looking to conquer Rome or reinvent the wheel. Just get out and about and make a little extra money. Not to mention, totally organize my house with great solutions!

That was one of the worse things about this past Fall is that we had barely gotten settled before Ryan lost his job. So, now here we are six months or so later with a mess. I stopped getting things together because I wasn't sure what necessities were really luxuries...or how long life was going to be that way. He may be back to work and I may be working on this but the road to recovery is far from traveled.

Clever Container is a lot of what I wanted in an company like this. Small, growing, supportive, with a lot of potential. I was really frustrated with other companies I have been affiliated with that had so many rules and regulations where I was never comfortable and never felt like I could be me or work the way that I am most successful.

I am running a blog for my Clever Container business because they have not yet implemented company rep sites. I wanted a place that I could post information that wasn't Facebook. I don't know if I am going set up anything on FB. It is a lot of work and sometimes not a lot of interaction.

cleverjennywolfe.blogspot.com is the page. Feel free to browse, critique, share with friends. Since I am still in an organizational phase, the content isn't as rich as I would like it to be but it will get there.

Til We Me Again~ Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment