If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~Bob Hope

Thursday, October 7, 2010

...Do Math:Count Blessings...

I saw that earlier today, and it makes a nice title so there it is.

I saw those words after I had been to Dollar Tree to pick up a few things for the house. Since I was on my way to church to be an office angel, I decided to stop by the DT near there. What a blessing that turned out to be! Not because everything is a dollar, but because it turned out to be a less exciting DT than my normal one and so I walked out of there having spent less than $10. Bonus: A coupon for later for 10%.

I never really in all my life thought about coupons as blessings until I had read this article over the summer in a booklet about abundance. I apologize I can't think of the author, article title or booklet title at the moment, but she wrote that when she started to look at things differently she was able to see her blessings more clearly. What she meant by differently was basically instead of expecting that blessings had to be these great miracles with fireworks and ticker tape that small things like a coupon for what you need when you need it are also blessings to be counted. If I remember correctly, she started a gratitude journal where she kept track of blessings that she normally would have overlooked or not really have thought of as being divine gifts.

Our human selves are pretty jacked up and jaded by my observation and experience. We have been culled into this mind-set where it has to be instant and mega and if it is good it was all our doing and if it was bad then it was all God. It is pretty easy to see where people might have lost the ability to see good, to see blessings, to see truth.

Since I read that article and have been more conscious and actually gracious of these seemingly small things. I don't ever remember a random stranger handing me 20% off coupons prior to my awareness, nor did BW3 ever just "take care" of things because they thought they were too slow. We aren't lucky, we are blessed. There is a huge, HUGE difference in those things and I would have like to have had that knowledge sooner.

Until we meet again, keep on the sunny side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment